The Building and Grounds Committee is charged with stewardship of our building and grounds all for events to be held outside, people can find a worshipful or meditative outside environment, and the activities, gardening, and other creative uses nurtures the Columbia Friends community.
The work of the committee includes the following;
- Developing policies and guidelines for the use of the building and grounds (to be approved by Meeting for Business) and assuring they are followed.
- Scheduling and managing the use of our property for activities of Columbia Friends Meeting and of and other community organizations.
- Providing for care and maintenance of the property and buildings
- Providing landscaping, external contractual work as needed, advising the Meeting for Business of needs and concerns that may arise.
- Advising the Meeting for Business when new building or grounds improvements and building investments are necessary or advised
- Scheduling volunteer opportunities, including work days, for the meeting house and grounds.
- Working with other committees as they have needs that would enhance those committee objectives
- Overseeing the part of Meeting’s budget that pertains to the committee’s charge, as directed by Monthly Meeting.
- Maintaining accurate working records.
[menu_in_post_menu menu=214 menu_id=”214″ style=”list”]