On this page, you will find some resources that will help understand what Green Burial is and why it is an option that aligns with Values many members of our meeting hold.
The Following book by Ernest Morgan published in 2001 provides a nice overview of of some of the decisions and helpful resources for those considering this option: Dealing Creatively with Death: A Manual of Death Education and Simple Burial.
Here are a few reasons to consider Green Burial:
- It is a simple and inexpensive option.
- It is much less energy intensive than a traditional burial or cremation.
- Green Burial sites are typically treated more like parks or forests.
Green Burial Planning & General information
- Green Burial Council — https://www.greenburialcouncil.org
- Carolina Green Burial Sites —
Other ‘End of Life’ resources:
- Prisma Health descriptions of Advance Directive, Living Wills, and Healthcare Power of Attorney — https://prismahealth.org/patients-and-guests/for-patients/advance-directives
- USC Health Services — https://sc.edu/about/offices_and_divisions/health_services/appointments/rights-responsibilities/advance-directives/index.php
- SC Last Will and Testament Template — https://eforms.com/wills/south-carolina-last-will-and-testament-template/
- SC Bar Association Living Will — https://www.scbar.org/media/filer_public/bd/d6/bdd6d988-970f-4b23-84fd-0b4ace64c7c7/livingwill2014.pdf